MERMAID TAILS ladies top is made by Lynne Kiel
- Using french dyes and paintbrushes hand drawn artwork comes alive on pure silk.
- T-shirt style boatneck top has cap sleeves with a comfortable loose fit perfect for daytime or evening.
- Color blocked with black sides and back, handmade in soft luxurious pure silk
- The finished back length is slightly longer than the front with side slits for ease and comfort
- Boatneck t-shirt style top is loose fitting with short sleeves
SIZE : Small/ Medium
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- Bust width underarm to underarm 22"/ 56 cm
- Hip edge to edge flat 22" / 56 cm
- Front length shoulder to hem 25.5" /65 cm
- Back length shoulder to hem 27.5" / 70 cm
- How to take your measurements
- Hand wash using mild detergent, roll in a towel to remove excess moisture Gently shape and hang to dry on a padded hanger to allow air to move in between front and back. . Optional iron low heat to press back out. Dry clean is also an option.
- Complimentary ground shipping in Canada and USA. All parcels are insured and tracked
- Your purchase is packaged in a white gift box with decorative tissue . Care instructions included
THE STORY BEHIND
- Mermaids are also aligned with Undines, those pervasive spirits of all waters in the world. This is quite nice, as mermaids also represent wild freedom, rebellious spirits and ferocious independence (they can never be contained and frequently avoid settling).
THE ARTISTIC PROCESS
- Each design is individually hand drawn using a black gutta resist on natural white pure silk crepe de chine.
WITH SILK DYES and paintbrushes the color is applied and blended
WHEN DRY the painted silk is steam set, permanently fixing the dye color , then the silk is hand washed and ironed
THE FINISHED hand painted silk is then ready to be made into a One Of A Kind piece of wearable art. Each piece is hand cut and hand made, resulting is slight variations, designed and sewn by Lynne Kiel.
THESE ART PIECES
- take time and each are unique in their own way. I have made my best effort to show proper coloring of the silk and artwork in all my photos.
- Share your ideas and let me make you something special
- For Size, Length, Artistic Design, Color Variations message me
TAKE A LOOK
- A my Instagram for a peak into what it is like to be an artist and my latest ideas.
HOW TO PAINT SILK